The cheesecake recipe is coming at ya my friends. This cheesecake is a no bake so it won’t be exactly cheesecake texture. That being said, it’s still delicious and a great desert option, especially with the fruit compote!
It’s also a little tart because it has Greek yogurt and lemon juice. If you’re not a fan of lemony cheesecake, you can decrease the lemon juice to 1.5 tablespoons.
I hope you try it! Enjoy my friends. my instructions are for making this in a pie pan but you can definitely make minis.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (pulse about 8 full graham crackers in a blender)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 16 oz cream cheese (full or low fat will work)
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (or imitation if worried about alcohol content)
- Pinch of salt
- Fruit topping (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups berries (blueberries work beautifully)
- Mix melted butter with graham cracker crumbs in pie pan and press into even crust, may work up the sides of pan but it is kind of tricky
- In a bowl add 16 oz cream cheese, 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon [imitation] vanilla extract, pinch of salt (just use a couple dashes from a table salt shaker or take the tiniest pinch between your index and thumb finger)
- Mix together using a hand mixer for 1-2 minutes until mixed well
- Pour over crust and put in fridge
- To make the topping, add 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon sugar to sauce pan over medium heat and mix together
- Once it thickens and just starts to simmer, add the berries and mix well
- Break a few blueberries by crushing with spoon so the sauce takes on their beautiful color and let come to a gentle boil
- Immediately remove from heat and let cool
- Pour over cheesecake once cooled and let cool fully in fridge
- Enjoy delicious cheesecake! Sahtain
I hope you enjoy it, friends.
Dua Aldasouqi, MA, RDN
Dua the Dietitian
Recipe inspiration: GimmeSomeOven and NatashasKitchen