I love pasta with Alfredo sauce but often find it feeling/tasting too heavy. I’ve created a recipe that lets me enjoy the creaminess of Alfredo but lightens it up a bit with diced canned tomatoes and of course veggies!
The entire recipe takes about 25 minutes to make if you make the sauce while the pasta is cooking. Check it out:
- 8 oz pasta (I prefer using Ancient Harvest POW green lentil pasta or Banza Pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (may use 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- Salt and pepper to taste (1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or just basil)
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 jar Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- Prepare pasta according to package
- In the meantime, heat olive oil in sauce pan and add in chicken. Stir frequently until no longer pink (around 10 minutes depending on size of pieces)
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning and stir together
- Add diced tomatoes and simmer for 7 minutes (a simmer is a soft boil, the sauce is boiling but it’s very gentle)
- Add Alfredo sauce and milk, stir together and allow to come to a boil
- Add spinach and stir in, sauce is done!
- Mix with pasta when it’s cooked and sahtain!