This recipe will likely sound a little out there if you’ve never had it but it just hits the spot sometimes. And if you add the ground beef, it becomes an entree. Now that I’m talking about it, I’m craving it. My husband doesn’t prefer cold pasta but I just might make some tomorrow for lunch or dinner tonight, or as a snack right now…Ingredients:
- Elbow macaroni (or any small shape like small shells and bow tie), 6 oz for two servings
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt to taste
- Browned ground beef (I always freeze a little extra when I make it for something else), for instructions see Feed Yourself – Basic Recipes: Ground Beef (optional)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (optional)
- Prepare pasta according to instructions on package and allow to cool briefly by rinsing with cold water or sticking into freezer for a few minutes prior to serving
- Mix yogurt, garlic, and salt together; set aside
- Heat prepared ground beef (easiest to prepare ahead of time)
- Toast pine nuts by heating olive oil over medium heat and adding pine nuts, stir frequently and remove from heat when they begin to brown. Be careful, they cook super fast!
- Now assemble – mix pasta into yogurt sauce and top with ground beef and pine nuts (include the oil too).
- Enjoy immediately!