I love pasta and I love it even more with either Banza or Ancient Harvest POW legume based pastas. The pasta is super nutrient dense with lots of protein and fiber, so much so that you honestly don’t even need to add any meat. You can, but you don’t have to! I promise I’m not getting paid to promote them, I’m just a fan!
Ok on to the recipe – it will honestly take the time the pasta cooks to prepare and half the ingredients are optional. The only required ingredients are 3 (legume based pasta, pasta sauce, Parmesan cheese)
On to it! This makes 4 servings.
- 1 box of pasta
- 1 tspolive oil (optional, if you add the garlic)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (optional)
- 1/2 pound of either cooked chicken, beef, or shrimp (optional)
- 1/2-3/4 jar pasta sauce (I’m a fan of the Tomato Basil one from Barilla)
- Parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to instructions on package
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan
- Add garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until fragrant (it will smell yummy)
- Add cooked meat and stir well
- Add pasta sauce
- When pasta is ready stir into sauce
- Top with Parmesan when plated