The Feed Yourself series is dedicated to individuals that cook just for their selves. This goes out to everyone that finds them self wanting to cook but dreading the time, effort, and all the clean up needed to just cook for one. It can honestly be a quick, easy, and enjoyable process!
Anyone that does a regular amount of cooking has their go to kitchen utensils whether it’s a favorite pot, cutting board, knife, etc. If you’re new to the kitchen or to cooking, you may not know what you need to stock your kitchen. The following kitchen utensils are a few good basics. You can cook most recipes with just these utensils. Keep in mind that the smaller the item, the easier the clean up.
- 8″ (or larger) frying pan – just big enough to fit a fish fillet or a little bigger
- 3 qt (or larger) sauce pan – big enough to make 2 servings of pasta
- 8″x8″ (or larger) oven safe tray
- 2-3 knives – a Chef Knife is incredible
- Cutting board (medium size)
- Set of measuring cups – once you are familiar with what a half and quarter cup looks like, keep the one cup handy (put the rest away for baking when exact measurements are necessary)
- Sandwich or freezer qt resealable bags
- Vegetable steamer – not necessary but pretty handy and can double as a drainer if you’re savvy with it
- Garlic press – not necessary but garlic is a great taste enhancer (could also choose to just buy garlic paste instead)
If you have the above items, you can cook just about anything. Stay tuned for more!